I've been making progress on my list, but I still feel that it's not enough. I've actually done a lot on the NEEDS to be done list. It's the IMPORTANT to me stuff that's not getting done.
- I've cleaned out the boy's closet. We actually took everything out and vacuumed inside then adjusted the shelf placement before returning the clothes and toys. I culled a bag of clothes from the girl's closet, but it still needs more work.
- We've completed the demo of the bathroom. Now on to the new! Check out my Pinterest Board to see what's coming.
- We decided we couldn't spend $1000 for a Dog Run. Seriously?! We were even using the side of our house, our existing block wall and gate to the front yard, and the fence between our yard and the neighbor's as 3 of the sides. $1000 was for 18' of chain link with a 42" gate in the middle of it. Instead, we're spending the $1000 on dog training. $250 for 8 weeks. At the end of 32 weeks...we shouldn't need the dog run anymore.
- I think "Trim the Hedge" won't happen until the bathroom is done.
- My mom helped me to defrost the garage freezer! It was an 8 hour job. I removed all the food and placed it in our camping ice chests. I turned off the freezer, then I scraped the ice to speed up the process. With the prettiest ice I made the kids bowls of "shaved ice".
Then kids took bins of ice shavings to the yard and threw snowballs at each other. Holly loved to chase after the "snowballs" but couldn't figure out where they went after she caught it in her mouth. Then my mom arrived and helped me with getting rid of things that had been in the freezer too long and sorting like foods to different shelves.
- I was able to clean out old school books and reorganize our school shelf. There still is a bit to do, but this is an ongoing project.
- Plan & order curriculum for 2012-2013. As I ordered, I actually got excited about next year. It's a good thing...because I was feeling like quitting. We had such a hard school year with T's health issues. I'm looking forward to learning HIStory, starting with the Ancients, along with the kids.
- It took me a week, but I printed every worksheet, map, and test that the kids will need next year! I'm sure occasionally I'll need to print a page or two, but no longer will I loose the kids to distraction while I run to print something we need during the day.
On the Important list I haven't accomplished much:
- The kids had 2 weeks of swim lessons and we've met friends for some pool time.
- I CO for Girasole. I'm knitting this in Patton's Wool in Aran for a throw size. This pattern has a perfect vintage feel for the bride. I'm on the 2nd repeat of Chart E. Next is Chart F for 6 rounds. 2X Chart G for 16 rounds. Then Chart H is a knitted on boarder. I think I can finish by November! This shot was taken June 26th. I'm much further, but the project is all balled up and doesn't photograph well.